Friday, October 4, 2013

Ctrl + A, Backspace, Ctrl + S

He stared forlornly at his writings, his face illuminated solely by the blue screen. He had been there for hours, typing away, but now he was stuck, and had been for a while. He knew he had to press on, but he didn't want to. He was disappointed at his own work, the motivation simply wasn't there, and furthermore, his eyes hurt. At last, he closed the screen of the laptop, then broke into a quiet sob. 

(Thankfully I'm not like that guy. Shouldn't he know that looking at a screen in the dark for a prolonged period of time does bad things to your eyes and gives you a terrible headache?)

Well, I had a bit of a setback today. Some friends deleted all of Descent into Madness as a joke, meaning to simply ctrl+z it after I freaked out a bit. But then, they accidentally made it so that it saved and then closed. So it was near permanently gone.

However, all was not lost; I was able to access a duplicate copy that I inadvertently made earlier that week, and so was able to get back all but a little more than a chapter. That's still a week's worth of work gone though. Re-writing that all again won't be fun, but it's doable.

(I really should have just put it on a thumb drive.)

(But I didn't, because I lack common sense.) 

(Deep down, I'm smart, I promise.)

Anyway, Friday is likely to be my most active posting day of the week, since, well, I don't have much to do on Fridays. It's awesome, it really is.

This Friday is an exception, because I had a lot of stuff to do.

(I'm really getting off to a good start on this.)

First off, I was appalled to learn from one of my acquaintances this week that they had never heard of Lovecraft, nor Cthulhu. As such, the two links below should henceforth be considered required reading from all of you.

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/a.aspx

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/cc.aspx

Next up is a rather interesting blog I found that goes over first pages, and, well, it's really worth a read. The writer mostly goes over reader submissions, so it's cool to see some aspiring authors' stuff.

http://floggingthequill.typepad.com/

That's all for now; there will be an actual article tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed it, and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. UGH how am I supposed to have time to read these?! AND IT'S REQUIRED. You loser fine. Give me a day.

    ReplyDelete